Sunday, September 04, 2005

Design Against Fur



College students around the world are fighting a new war against the fur industry. Their weapon of choice? Graphic design.

Students are invited to enter a competition to create a poster that will make people stop in their tracks. The posters combine stark, vivid photographs and illustrations with simple phrases.

These posters are meant not just to elicit emotion, or "Ew, Gross!" but to make people really think about their choices, and become more conscious of the consequences of their fashion whims.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sound interesting? Then enter the 2006 competition: The theme of this year's competition is "Protect Seals": "Canada's commercial seal hunt—the largest and most brutal slaughter of marine mammals on earth."

This competition is international, and the grand prize winner will be flown to Paris for a celebration during the city's fashion week.




Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Colleen Vesperman said...

Hello fellow blogger,

I have been reading your blog as well as many others. I have found your site material overall very intriguing, yet I want to ask you as well as others, let's all remember the victims of hurricane Katrina and how they could use all of our support to re-build their lives. So let's pitch - in and donate, I've included information on how we all can get involved on my site. So, show you care and join with me at my Photo site. You'll be glad you helped, I know I feel good helping!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

The posters on your blog are effective, each in its own way. Are the new posters supposed to be directed toward Canadian officials and citizens or to a broader audience?

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home